Junior IT Support Technician
About the role
We are seeking an ambitious and capable Junior Support Technician to join our skilled Helpdesk Support Team, delivering high quality support to a wide range of UK companies, primarily through the provision of cloud platforms.
There will be opportunities to develop knowledge and understanding of all aspects of IT, as well as encouragement to achieve certification through professional qualifications.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure that all support calls are logged and passed on to appropriate staff
- Perform daily monitoring of backup systems
- Check automated monitoring systems and escalate where necessary
- Perform regular checks of customer systems to ensure they are patched and operating optimally
- Conduct regular maintenance on customer systems
- Liaise effectively with 3rd party vendors and partners
- General office duties such as goods collection and delivery, packaging, stock control and maintenance of premises
Skills and Experience
As full training will be provided, previous technical support experience is not essential for this role. Primary attributes sought are personality, together with willingness and ability to learn.
Interest or experience with any of the following would be an advantage:
- Windows computers
- Microsoft Office
- Windows Server hardware and/or operating systems
- Basic networking
- Cloud computing
In order to be considered applicants will need:
- Ability to work 5 days per week
- Good written and spoken English
- Excellent telephone manner
- A driving license and own vehicle
- A passion for technology
- A responsible attitude and desire to develop into an IT professional
The starting salary will be in the range £12,000 to £15,000 per annum dependent on experience.
A health cash plan is included immediately and both participation in a bonus scheme and private medical cover after 6 months.
Holiday entitlement is 20 days plus bank holidays, with an additional day per year for service over 3 years.
Complimentary refreshments are provided in the office and free on-site parking.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org