|Presentation Style:||Tutor-led Classroom|
|Course Time:||09:30 - 16:30hrs|
It includes the PRINCE2 Foundation exam, and by working with world-class organizations, we are uniquely able to bring you a course that will give you the best opportunity to develop your project management career and deliver PRINCE2 projects confidently and competently
At Paradise we don't just want you to pass your PRINCE2 exam, we want to make you a better project manager.
What will you learn on this course?
PRINCE2 is aimed at project managers and aspiring project managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including: Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners), Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers), Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts), Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel) and operational line managers/staff.
The purpose of the Foundation qualification is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2 method to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment supporting PRINCE2. The Foundation qualification is also a pre-requisite for the Practitioner qualification.
By passing the Foundation exam, candidates should understand the structure and key terminology of the method. Specifically, the candidate should understand:
- The characteristics and context of a project and the benefits of adopting PRINCE2
- The purpose of the PRINCE2 roles, management products and themes
- The PRINCE2 principles
- The purpose, objectives and context of the PRINCE2 processes.
You will be provided with pre-course reading prior to attending the course. This pre-reading is interactive eLearning and is expected to take approximately two hours to complete - this is only a guide and you may wish to spend longer on this activity to help you prepare effectively. Your learning starts with this pre-reading, so please ensure you can complete the pre-course activities in full prior to attending.
Delivered by fully accredited trainers and industry leading experts with extensive experience of using PRINCE2, the course uses unique multimedia case studies and accelerated learning techniques to ensure that theory is embedded and you feel confident in the practical application of PRINCE2. You will be presented with the official PRINCE2 manual: 'Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2' on the first day of the course.
Additional work will be required during evenings consisting of consolidation reading, mock examination questions and exercises. This evening work is an integral part of the course and you should expect to spend 2 hours each evening on these activities.
The course will cover the following syllabus areas:
- What PRINCE2 is and what it is not
- PRINCE2 links with other project/programme management standards.
- How it enhances the possibilities of Project Success.
- Overview of Tailoring PRINCE2
The Structure of PRINCE2
- Relationship between the PRINCE2 Processes, Activities and Themes.
- High level PRINCE2 Process map
The 7 PRINCE2 Principles
- Continued Business Justification / Focus on Products
- Manage-by-Stages / Manage-by-Exception
- Defined Roles and Responsibilities / Learn from Experience
- Tailor to Suit the Project Environment
The 7 PRINCE2 Processes
- Starting up a Project / Initiating a Project / Directing a Project
- Controlling a Stage / Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary / Closing a Project
The 7 PRINCE2 Themes
- Business Case / Organization
- Quality (including the PRINCE2 Quality Review Technique)
- Risk / Change / Progress
- Plans (including the PRINCE2 Product-Based Planning Technique)
- Buffet lunch included and free parking (only for courses held at Paradise Training Centre)
- Joining instructions will be sent prior to attending the course