PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner
|Presentation Style:||Tutor-led Classroom|
|Course Time:||09:30 - 16:30hrs|
This five-day course, includes both the PRINCE2 Foundation and PRINCE2 Practitioner exams and then takes you beyond the method by giving you additional tools and techniques to become a confident project leader. By working with world-class organisations, we are uniquely able to bring you a course that will give you the best opportunity to develop your project management career and deliver PRINCE2 projects confidently and competently, above and beyond just the syllabus areas.
No pre-requisites are necessary for this course, however, you would benefit from having some basic project management experience prior to attending. You will need to pass the Foundation examination (on day 2) prior to taking the Practitioner examination on day 5.
You will be provided with pre-course reading prior to attending the course. This pre-reading is interactive eLearning and is expected to take approximately two hours to complete. Your learning starts with this pre-reading, so please ensure you can complete the pre-course activities in full prior to attending.
What will you learn on this course?
PRINCE2 is aimed at Project Managers and aspiring Project Managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including: Project Board Members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners), Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers), Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts), Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel) and Operational Line Managers/staff.
The purpose of the Foundation qualification is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2 method to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment supporting PRINCE2. The Foundation qualification is also a pre-requisite for the Practitioner qualification.
You will be presented with the official PRINCE2 manual: 'Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2' on the first day of the course.
Additional work will be required during evenings consisting of consolidation reading, mock examination questions and exercises. This evening work is an integral part of the course and you should expect to spend 2 hours each evening on these activities.
The course will cover the following syllabus areas:
- What PRINCE2 is and what it is not
- PRINCE2 links with other project/programme management standards.
- How it enhances the possibilities of Project Success.
- Overview of Tailoring PRINCE2
The Structure of PRINCE2
- Relationship between the PRINCE2 Processes, Activities and Themes.
- High level PRINCE2 Process map
The 7 PRINCE2 Principles
- Continued Business Justification
- Focus on Products
- Defined Roles and Responsibilities
- Learn from Experience
- Tailor to Suit the Project Environment
The 7 PRINCE2 Processes
- Starting up a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Directing a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
The 7 PRINCE2 Themes
- Business Case
- Quality (including the PRINCE2 Quality Review Technique)
- Plans (including the PRINCE2 Product-Based Planning Technique)
- In preparation for your PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exams, you will undertake:
- An explanation of mechanics of the Foundation and Practitioner exam, including the different styles of question within the
- Practitioner 'Objective Test Examination' format
- Examination techniques
- Mock Foundation and Practitioner questions, using official sample exam papers
- Question and answer session
- Revision of major topics
Applying PRINCE2 in your own projects
- Converting knowledge to action
- Real life application of PRINCE2
- What’s right and wrong?
Accreditations and Exams
The PRINCE2 Foundation exam consists of:
8 multiple choice questions (5 questions will be trial questions and not marked)
Candidates require a minimum of 35 correct answers (50%) to pass.
The PRINCE2 Practitioner examination takes place on the Afternoon of day 5.
The PRINCE2 Practitioner exam consists of:
Questions, each worth 10 marks each. Total of 80 marks
'Objective Test Examination' format - a style of complex multiple-choice examination.
You may use your official PRINCE2 manual: 'Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2' only
Candidates require a minimum of 44 marks (55%) to pass
Please note: you must pass your Foundation exam before attempting your Practitioner exam.
By successfully passing your Practitioner exam, you attain 'Registered Practitioner' status which is recognition of knowledge, competency in the PRINCE2 methodology, and commitment to continuing professional development.
- Buffet lunch included and free parking (only for courses held at Paradise Training Centre)
- Joining instructions will be sent prior to attending the course