|Presentation Style:||Tutor-led Classroom|
|Course Time:||09:30 - 16:30hrs|
|Cost:||Public Courses: £225 + VAT per delegate (call for group discounts)
Closed Courses: please enquire
What will you learn on this course?
This one-day highly interactive workshop provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to make meetings more successful through discussion and by practising running meetings effectively.
By the end of the module, participants will be able to:
- Define their role and responsibilities as a Meeting Chair, Meeting Secretary or Participant
- Describe the characteristics of effective meetings and clarify the purpose and benefits of having them
- Prepare effectively for and participate both actively and positively in the meetings they attend
- Judge when and how to make appropriate interventions or contributions during meetings
- State what skills they can develop to improve their performance in future meetings.
Key elements of effective meetings, Types of meetings, Group behaviour in meetings, Behaviour analysis and who sits where
The role of the chair, the role of the secretary, the role of the participants, How to encourage participation, Decision making, Negotiation, Problem solving and Defining strategies
The way forward
Personal action plan
- Buffet lunch included and free parking (only for courses held at Paradise Training Centre)
- Joining instructions will be sent prior to attending the course